Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cheerleading!

I have not posted about my "new" job yet .... mainly because I have been working every waking minute of my life since I took it. I took a new job in July at EMCC. My title is Athletic Academic Advisor/Head Cheerleading Coach. (The backslash simply means, you are idiot because you are taking 2 full-time jobs that we have combined into one!)

I am not commenting at this time on the Athletic Academic Advising portion of my job for fear of losing it based on my comments. But I am now ready to comment on the Cheerleading portion. I was suckered into the cheerleading part (that dang backslash!)and very reluctant to do it. For those of you that remember, I was the Cheerleading Coach at Jacksonville State for 3 years so I knew what I was getting myself into and how much work it would be and I had also seen the EMCC Cheerleaders at basketball games over the last 2 years so I REALLY knew what I was getting myself into and how much work it would be!

I can say that they have worked their tails off and are 1 millions times better than they have ever been. I have a wonderful group of girls and I am honored to coach them.






No comments: